- 450g (1lb.) of granulated Sugar
- 180ml (6fl.oz.) of water
- 10 large Egg Yolks
- 2 whole eggs
1. First, preheat the oven to 300F (150°C), gas mark 2.
2. Second, pour the water and sugar into a saucepan and boil it. Use a wooden spoon to stir rapidly from time to time when it starts to bubble. Around 9 minutes later the syrup will turn a very pale golden color, when you'll be able to remove it from the heat, since the caramel will continue cooking.
3. Use a smooth sided baking tin to pour a third of the syrup, and swirl to coat the bottom and sides. Leave to cool until it hardens.
4. Lightly beat the egg yolks and whole eggs in a mixing bowl then little by little, pour the remaining syrup into this mixture.
5. Pour this into the tin, which in turn will be placed into a larger half-filled tin, with enough cold water, until it reaches half way up the side of the tin inside. Bake for 30 minutes until the pudding is firm.
6. Finally, leave to cool and use a serving dish to invert it.
» Spain Recipes