- 1 tuna steak, not too thick (with skin and bone)
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- Red Wine Vinegar
- 4-5 Garlic cloves, left whole but peeled
- Extra virgin Olive Oil
1. Wash the tuna steak, drain and sprinkle it with salt.
2. Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan; add the garlic and sauté until just beginning to brown.
3. Add the tuna steak, and fry around 2-3 minutes each side. Remove the tuna to a shallow dish and set aside.
4. Add a good splash of vinegar to the pan with oil and garlic, then mix well and pour over the tuna. Cover and refrigerate around 4-8 hours.
5. To serve - remove the skin and bone from the tuna, and break into bite size pieces. Transfer to a clean dish, add the chopped onion and pour marinade juices.
» Spain Tapas
» Spain Recipes