- 1kg (2.2lb) Loin of Pork
- 1 tsp. Sweet Paprika
- 225g (8oz) of medium-thick slices of "Jamón Serrano" (ham)
- 240ml (8fl.oz.) of Chicken Stock
- 2 tblsp. Olive Oil
- 450g (1lb) Button Onions or Shallots, peeled
- 7 tblsp of dry fine Sherry
- Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350F (180°C), gas mark 4. Rinse the pork with cold water, and dry with kitchen paper.
2. Mix a bit of pepper, salt and paprika to rub it over the pork.
3. Form a rectangle with half the ham slices, lay them side-by-side, place the pork on top and lay the remaining ham over the meat. Wrap the meat with the ham using a kitchen string.
4. Heat the oil over high heat until very hot in a roasting pan, and then fry the pork until browned on all sides.
5. Fry over the shallots or onions around the meat, keep them at high heat until they begin to brown.
6. Add the stock and sherry then bake and roast for about 1 hour. Baste the meat with the pan juices from time to time.
7. To serve - cut the meat into slices, removing it from the pan, and serve with the onions on a warmed dish. Pour the juices from the pan over the meat and serve immediately.
» Spain Recipes