- 1kg/2.2lb Dry Salted Cod, pre-soaked
- A little Flour
- Olive Oil
- 450g/1lb tinned Red Pimientos
- 2 Garlic Cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 tbsp Freshly chopped Parsley
1. Rinse the cod under cold running water, dry well on kitchen paper and toss in the flour.
2. Heat the oil in a shallow flameproof casserole until hot then add the coated cod and fry gently, skin side down, for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mash the garlic and parsley together in a small bowl, add the juice from the tin of pimientos plus a little cold water and mix well.
4. Pour the garlic mixture over the cod and set aside.
5. In a separate pan, lightly fry the pimientos in a little olive oil for 3-4 minutes.
6. Add the fried pimentos to cod, bring to a simmer and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked. Serve immediately.
» Spain Recipes