- 10 pieces of Split Chicken Wings or Wing Drumettes.
- 450g (1lb.) Pork Short Ribs (have your butcher cut the ribs into 1" sections, rosswise cutting the bones).
- 450g (1lb.) Assorted Mussels and Clams.
- 225g (½ lb.) Shrimp (with shells).
- 3 large Scallops cut in half (or 6 small).
- 3-6 Piquillo Peppers (sliced into strips) plus a few strips reserved to use as garnish.
- 4-6 cups Shellfish Broth (recipe below) or substitute Chicken Broth or bouillon.
- 2 cups Paella Rice.
- 1 cup Green Beans (cut into 1" sections).
- ½ to 1 cup Tomate Frito, tomato sauce, or tomato puree.
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- ½ cup Peas.
- 4 Cloves Garlic (chopped and minced).
- 1 tsp. Saffron Threads or ¼ to ½ tsp. Powdered.
- Salt to taste.
1. Cook the clams and mussels in 6 cups of water until the mussels start to open. Discard any mussel unopened, drain and reserve the stock.
2. Use a paella pan to heat oil, and sauté the pork and chicken wings for about 8 minutes under medium-high heat.
3. Add the Piquillo Peppers, tomate frito and garlic, and cook for about 3 minutes.
4. Add the rice; stir the mixture for about 1 minute, and cover.
5. Add the green beans, scallops, peas, shrimp and saffron. Stir for 1 minute under medium heat and incorporate the mixture.
6. Add the shellfish broth to the rice mixture, add salt to taste.
7. Arrange the clams, mussels and the Piquillo Peppers reserved as garnish onto the surface of the paella. Continue cooking until the rice is almost done (al dente).
8. Serve hot.
» Spain Recipes