- 675g (1-1/2lb.) chicken legs, cut into drumsticks and thighs.
- 225g (1/2lb.) chorizo (spicy sausage) sliced 1/2”.
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced.
- 2 cans (14-1/2-ounce each) chicken broth.
- 2 cups uncooked converted rice.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup).
- 1 pound medium raw shrimp, shelled, deveined.
- 1 package (10-ounce) frozen peas, thawed.
- 1 dozen mussels or clams, scrubbed.
- 1 can (16-ounce) crushed tomatoes.
- 1/8 tblsp. Saffron.
- 1/4 tblsp. Black pepper.
- 1/4 tblsp. Salt.
- 2 tblsp. Olive oil.
1. Use a paella pan or Dutch oven to heat the oil. Cook chicken on all sides, until browned, and set aside. Cook chorizo and set aside.
2. Sauté garlic and onion until tender, add rice, tomatoes, broth, saffron, chicken, chorizo and pepper. Bring the paella pan to boil and reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for about 22 minutes.
3. Add shrimp, peas and mussels to rice, cover and simmer for about 12 minutes (until the mussels are open and the shrimp gets pink).
4. Finally, serve hot.
» Spain Recipes