- 400g (14oz.) Dried Black Beans, soaked in water overnight.
- 250g (9oz.) White Rice.
- 2 Garlic Cloves chopped finely.
- 2 tblsp. Olive Oil.
- 1 small Onion, chopped finely.
- 1-2 bay leaves.
1. Firstly, use a large saucepan to place the beans with plenty of cold, the bay leaves and a tablespoon of oil water after drain them. Cook for about 2 hours or until tender. Drain and reserve the liquid, and remove the bay leaves.
2. Secondly, use a large saucepan to heat 2 tablespoons of oil, add the garlic and onion, and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add the beans and enough of the bean cooking liquor to cover and boil, then simmer while the rice is cooked.
3. Third, use a saucepan to place the rice, and cover it with water. Bring to the boil, and then simmer for about 25 minutes or until tender.
4. Finally, once the rice is cooked, drain it well; use a small cup to make mounds of rice onto a warm serving dish. Pour the bean stew around the mounds, and serve immediately.
» Spain Recipes