- 900g (2lb.) Potatoes, peeled and sliced (about 6mm/1/4 inch thick).
- 175g (6oz.) Onion, chopped.
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Thyme or 2 sprigs Fresh Thyme.
- 2 tsp. Dried Parsley or 1 tblsp. Freshly chopped Parsley.
- 2 tblsp. Olive Oil.
- 1 tblsp. Flour.
- 1 tblsp. Paprika.
- 6 Black Peppercorns, crushed.
- 4 Thick Hake Cutlets (can substitute Cod).
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed.
- 1 Bay Leaf.
- 1 Clove, crushed.
1. Preheat the oven to 350F, 180°C, and gas mark 4.
2. Use a saucepan to heat the oil until hot then add the onion and fry until golden brown, stirring constantly.
3. Add the potatoes, garlic and flour, mix them well, and continue to cook for about 10 minutes; the potatoes must be browned on both sides.
4. Add the paprika, parsley, clove, peppercorns, thyme, bay leaf (or contents of Cuisine Select pack) and enough water to cover, season it with salt and mix well, bring to the boil then reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are done. Use a shallow ovenproof dish to transfer after remove from the heat.
5. Use salt to season the hake, and arrange on top of the potatoes. Bake in the oven for 18 minutes.
6. Finally, serve immediately.
» Spain Recipes