- 6 Eggs
- 275g (10oz.) Icing Sugar
- 200g (7oz.) Softened Butter
- 200g (7oz.) Flour For the filling
- 150g (5oz.) Caster Sugar
- 1 tblsp. Cocoa Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas mark 6 and grease a 20cm/8inch cake tin.
2. Second, whisk the egg whites with the sugar until it's stiff; then beat the egg yolks, and add them to the whites. Add the flour and mix gently. After pouring into the tin, bake in the oven for about 40 minutes until browned. Remove from the tin and leave to cool on a wire-rack.
3. Third, beat the butter, cocoa powder and icing sugar in a mixing bowl.
4. Finally, slice the cake horizontally in three parts. Spread half the filling on the bottom layer then place one of the layers on top and spread the remaining filling mixture. Refrigerate and serve.
» Spain Recipes