- 720ml (24fl.oz.) Strong Vegetable Stock, chilled
- 120ml (4fl.oz.) Ice cold Water
- 3 slices White Bread, crusts removed
- 2 Garlic Cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 Green Capsicum (Sweet Pepper), chopped
- 1 Cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 Egg
- 6 Tblsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Tblsp. White Wine Vinegar
- Finely chopped cucumber, green pepper and croutons to garnish
- Salt and White Pepper
1. Soak bread in cold water for a few minutes, after that, squeeze thoroughly and extract as much liquid as possible.
2. Place cucumber, egg, green pepper, olive oil, garlic, bread, pepper and salt in a blender and liquidize a low speed until smooth.
3. Use a fine strainer to drain the mixture into a large bowl, forcing through as much as possible.
4. Stir the mixture with the chilled vegetable stock, vinegar, and ice cold water. Season the soup and refrigerate it several hours.
5. To serve - use a large soup tureen or individual soup bowls, and garnish with green pepper, croutons and finely chopped cucumber. Serve cold.
» Spain Recipes