- 550g (1-1/4lb.) Dried White Beans pre-soaked overnight.
- 275g (10oz.) Chorizo Sausage.
- 275g (10oz.) Morcillas (Spanish blood sausage).
- 125g (5oz.) Jamón Serrano (ham) chopped.
- 125g (5oz.) Bacon chopped.
- 3 tblsp. Tomato Paste.
- 2 tblsp. Olive Oil.
- 1 tblsp. Paprika.
- 4 Garlic Cloves crushed.
- 2 Onions chopped.
- 1 Bay Leaf.
- A pinch of Saffron.
- Salt and Pepper.
1. Rinse well the pre-soaked beans. Put them in a large saucepan, cover with cold water and boil. Drain again and set aside.
2. In a flameproof casserole or large saucepan, heat the olive oil with the garlic and onions, and sauté until the onions are transparent.
3. Add the paprika and tomato paste; add the drained beans, ham, bacon and bay leaf. Season with a little pepper then add 1lt (40fl.oz.) water and boil; cover it, and simmer for 1-1/2 hours. If it is possible, periodically skim any scum from the surface.
4. After the cooking time, add the chorizos, saffron and morcillas and if it is necessary adjusts the seasoning with more pepper and salt. Continue cooking for about 30 minutes adding a little more water.
5. Finally, serve hot.
» Spain Recipes