- 1lt (40fl.oz.) Milk.
- 10 Dessertspoons Sugar.
- The Grated Zest of 1 Lemon.
- 8 Egg Yolks.
- 2 Dessertspoons Corn flour.
1. Use a large saucepan to add the lemon zest, the milk and 4 dessertspoons of the sugar, and heat it slowly.
2. Beat the egg yolks with 2 dessertspoons of the remaining sugar and the corn flour until smooth in a mixing bowl.
3. Remove the milk from the heat, just before it reaches its boiling point, and pour slowly over the egg mixture, stirring constantly, then mix it well.
4. Return mixture to the saucepan, and simmer for about 6 minutes, use a wooden spoon to stir constantly.
5. Put in individual ramekins and chill.
6. Once chilled, after sprinkling with the remaining sugar, use a kitchen blow-torch to caramelize, but there isn't a kitchen blow-torch, the grill must be preheated to very hot, and put the sugared desserts as close to the heat source as possible until them get caramelized.
» Spain Recipes