- 50g (2oz) Butter.
- 50g (2oz) Plain Flour.
- 1lt (40fl.oz.) Chicken Stock.
- 150ml (5fl.oz.) Single Cream.
- 330ml (11fl.oz.) Full Fat Milk.
- 150g (+5oz) shelled and ground almonds.
- 1 Egg Yolk.
- Salt and Pepper.
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter, sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring, over a medium heat during 1 or 2 minutes.
2. Add the stock a little at a time, stirring constantly, and then add the milk.
3. Reduce the heat after boiling, and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring from time to time.
4. Stir the ground almonds and simmer it for 3-4 minutes.
5. To serve - just before serving, beat the egg yolk and cream in a mixing bowl, stir into the soup, and heat through. Adjust the seasoning and serve hot.
» Spain Recipes