- 1kg (2lb.) Firm Pears.
- 480ml (16fl.oz.) Water.
- The grated zest of 1/2 a Lemon.
- 225g (8oz.) Sugar.
- 1 x 7.5cm (3 inch) Cinnamon Stick.
1. Firstly, peel and core the pears, and use a saucepan to place them with the remaining ingredients. Bring it to the boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 13 minutes or until the pears are very soft but still holding their shape.
2. Secondly, remove the saucepan from the heat, cover and leave to cool a little.
3. Finally, serve warm with some of the cooking syrup.
» Spain Recipes