- 480ml (16fl.oz.) Water.
- 225g (8oz.) Plain Flour.
- 1 tblsp. Olive Oil.
- 1/4 tsp. Salt.
- Granulated or Caster sugar for dipping.
- Oil for deep frying.
1. Use a saucepan to place the olive oil, water and salt and bring it to a boil.
2. Add the all flour, and use a wooden spoon to beat well until it leaves the sides of the pan and forms into a ball. After removing from the heat, leave to cool slightly.
3. Use a pastry bag fitted with a 6.25cm fluted (star) nozzle, and pipe the dough into strips about 10cm long. It is very important the fluted shape to fry, otherwise the pastries will turn out hard when fried.
4. Use a large frying pan to place enough oil to a depth of 12.5mm, and heat until very hot. Reduce the heat to medium, and fry the churros, turning once, until they just begin to color.
5. Put them on kitchen paper and roll in sugar, then serve warm.
» Spain Recipes