- 480ml (16fl.oz.) Chicken Stock.
- 480ml (16fl.oz.) Water.
- 225g (8oz.) Chorizo Sausage thinly sliced.
- 225g (8oz.) Artichoke Hearts.
- 150g (5oz.) Long Grain Rice.
- 100g (4oz.) Frozen Green peas.
- 450g (1lb.) Prawns or Shrimps shelled and de-veined.
- 450g (1lb.) Fresh Mussels.
- 1/2 tsp. Saffron.
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper.
- 2 tblsp. Olive Oil.
- 2 Garlic Cloves crushed.
- 2 Capsicum (sweet peppers), cut into strips.
- 2 Catfish Fillets cut into 2.5cm/ 1 inch cubes.
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped (or 6 sun-dried tomatoes).
- 1 large Onion, chopped.
1. Preheat the oven to 375F or 190°C, gas mark 5.
2. Cook the rice with enough water for about 20 minutes.
3. Use a medium saucepan to mix the water, chicken stock and saffron, and bring to a simmer. Remove it from the heat.
4. Use a frying pan to fry the chorizo slices on both sides. Add the olive oil and heat; add the onion and sauté until transparent and soft. Add the tomato, garlic, rice and peppers tossing to thoroughly coat with oil.
5. Add cayenne pepper, salt, the sausage and the chicken stock mixture, bring it to the boil, then cover and simmer it for about 10 minutes.
6. Use a large oven proof casserole to transfer the contents of the pan together with the remaining ingredients.
7. Cover it with an aluminum foil or a lid and bake for 20 minutes or until catfish is well cooked.
8. Finally, serve hot.
» Spain Recipes