FOR THE BEEF
FOR THE BEANS
- 1.3kg (3lb) Topside.
- 175g (6oz) Onion, chopped.
- 350g (12oz) Tomatoes, chopped.
- 480ml (16fl.oz.) Fresh Beef Stock.
- 2 tblsp. Vegetable Oil.
- 1 tblsp. Freshly chopped Rosemary.
- 1 tblsp. Freshly chopped Oregano.
- 1 tblsp. Freshly chopped Parsley.
- 2 Carrots peeled and cut into half lengthways.
- 9 Garlic Cloves, peeled sliced in half lengthwise.
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed.
- 175g (6oz) cooked Sweet corn Kernels.
- 175g (6oz) cooked White Beans (navy).
- 175g (6oz) Pumpkin or Squash peeled and cubed (12.5mm/1/2 inch).
- 100g (4oz) Tomatoes, chopped.
- 50g (2oz) Butter.
- 1 tblsp. Freshly Chopped Basil.
- 1 Onion, chopped.
- Salt and Black Pepper.
FOR THE BEEF:
1. Poke 5 holes lengthwise into each end of the beef using a thin knife. In one end, stuff 3 holes with the sliced garlic cloves and the other 2 holes with the carrots lengths, then repeat with the other side. Season with pepper and salt.
2. In a flameproof casserole, heat the oil until hot, and add the meat and fry for about 2 minutes on each side.
3. Add the remaining crushed garlic, onions, herbs, chopped tomatoes with their juices, and stock. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer 75 minutes.
FOR THE BEANS:
1. Place the basil and sweet corn in a blender or food processor and process until pureed, 30 minutes before the end of the meat cooking time.
2. Add the white beans, chopped tomato, basil, pureed corn, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove the meat from the casserole and cut it into 6.25mm (1/4-inch-thick) slices then on individual plates, place some of the beans and 2 slices of meat, and pour some of the sauce from the casserole onto the meat. Finally, serve immediately.
» Spain Recipes