- 450g (1lb) Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 450g (1lb) Spinach
- 300g (11oz) Gammon
- 300g (11oz) Haricot Beans, soaked overnight
- 2.2lt (80fl.oz) Water
- 25g (1oz) Lard
- 2 small Veal or Beef Bones
- Salt and Paprika
1. Rinse well the pre-soaked beans, and then place in a large flameproof casserole with bones, the water and gammon, and boil.
2. Add the lard and boil again, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 1 and 1/2 hours. Stir the water.
3. Add the potatoes, and cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Add the spinach and cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Remove the gammon and bones, season to taste with paprika and salt. Cut the gammon into large chunks and return to the pan to heat through.
6. At last, serve it very hot.
» Spain Recipes