- 1kg (2.2lb) fresh Baby Squid, (Calamari) cut into medium sized pieces.
- 450g (1lb) Mushrooms, thickly sliced.
- 180ml (6fl.oz.) Dry White Wine.
- 1 Garlic Clove, chopped.
- 6 Saffron Strands.
- Salt and Black Pepper.
- 2 Egg Yolks.
- 2 tblsp. Olive Oil.
- 1 Onion, chopped.
1. Firstly, use a large saucepan to heat the oil; add the garlic and onion, and sauté until softened.
2. Secondly, add the squid pieces and mushrooms, season with pepper and salt and crumble the saffron. Add the wine after stir well. Cover and simmer it for about 12 minutes or until the squid is tender.
3. Finally, use a small mixing bowl to lightly beat the yolks. Add a little of the hot cooking liquor stir briefly and pour the egg mixture back into the pot just before serving.
» Spain Recipes