- A whole Sea Bream, (about 1.3Kg/3lb), scaled, cleaned and filleted.
- 120ml (4fl.oz.) Olive Oil.
- 60ml (2fl.oz.) Fino Sherry.
- 60ml (2fl.oz.) Spanish Brandy.
- 450g (1lb.) Tomatoes, peeled, deseeded and puréed.
- 1 Onion, chopped.
- 2 sprigs Fresh Thyme.
- 2 Green Capsicums (sweet peppers).
- 1 Bay Leaf.
- Salt and Pepper.
1. Take the seeds out of the pepper and cut them into strips. Use a saucepan to heat half of the oil, add the peppers and onions and sauté until soft.
2. Add the thyme, pepper, puréed tomato, and sherry and simmer it for 15 minutes or until the sauce is reduced.
3. Cut the fillets into pieces of 5cm (2 inches) long, roll them in flour, and shake off the excess. Use a frying pan to heat the remaining oil until hot, add the fish and fry on both sides.
4. Sprinkle in the brandy; gently swirl the casserole until flames go out, after set it alights. Set aside.
5. Pour the sauce over the fish once it is thickened, boil and simmer for about 12 minutes or the fish is well cooked.
6. Finally, serve immediately.
» Spain Recipes