- 1x1.3kg (3lb.) Rabbit, cut into small pieces.
- 3 tblsp. Plain Flour.
- 240ml (8fl.oz.) Red Rioja Wine.
- 240ml (8fl.oz.) Water.
- 120ml (4fl.oz.) Olive Oil.
- 4 Carrots, chopped.
- 2 Onions, chopped.
- 1 Garlic Clove, chopped.
- Freshly chopped Flat-leaf Parsley.
- Salt and Black Pepper.
1. Season the rabbit with pepper and salt, and coat all sides with flour. Set aside after shake off the excess flour.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan, until it is very hot, add the rabbit, and fry around 6 minutes until lightly browned on all sides. Set aside after remove the meat from the pan with a slotted spoon.
3. Add the onions, carrots and garlic and cook them until the onions are lightly browned then reduce the heat, and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the rabbit, water and wine, cover and simmer it for about 30 minutes.
5. Set it aside after removing the rabbit from the pan.
6. Place the remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor, and process until very smooth.
7. Return the sauce to the pan, add the rabbit, and simmer until heated through.
8. Put the sauce and the rabbit to a large serving dish and garnish with the parsley.
9. Finally, serve instantly.
» Spain Recipes