- 540ml (18fl.oz.) Water.
- 180ml (6fl.oz.) Dry Red Wine.
- 90ml (3fl.oz.) Olive Oil.
- 675g (1-1/2lb) Topside of Beef, cut into thin steaks.
- 200g (7oz) Green Olives, pitted.
- 2 tblsp. Plain Flour.
- 1 Green Capsicum (sweet pepper), chopped.
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped.
1. In a large frying pan, heat the oil until it gets very hot, then add the beef, a few slices at a time, and seal on both sides; then put them in a flameproof casserole.
2. Reheat the oil until hot again, add the pepper and onion and sauté until golden, stirring.
3. Cook for about 1-2 minutes, add the flour, and mix well. Add the onion mixture with the meat.
4. Add the wine, water and a little salt, partially cover and simmer for 1 hour.
5. Add the olives and simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Finally, serve immediately.
» Spain Recipes