- 1kg (2lb) Shoulder of Lamb
- 180ml (6fl.oz.) White Wine
- Oil or Lard for shallow frying
- 4 Potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 tblsp. Freshly Chopped Parsley
- 3 Onions, chopped
- 3 Carrots, cutted into chunks
- 3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1. Wash the lamb with cold water and cut it into 4cm (1-1/2 inch) cubes. Dry the cubes with absorbent paper.
2. Heat the lard or oil in a heavy-based, flameproof casserole. Add the meat and brown on all sides, add more oil as necessary. Add the onion, carrot and garlic, and fry them until the vegetables begin to soften.
3. Season with salt to taste and add the wine, parsley and enough stock to cover it. Boil stirring well, cover and simmer for about 1 hour or until meat is tender.
4. Heat some more lard or oil in a frying pan until hot, add the potatoes and gild. Put on a plate.
5. Add the potatoes with the lamb, after the 1 hour cooking time, cover and cook for around 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
6. At last, serve immediately.
» Spain Recipes